2015 SD HR Forum Annual California Employment Law Update
California’s courts and legislators were busy in 2014 bringing a number of changes in employment law. Join us for an interactive roundtable employment law update covering these topics and more. Each topic will have a Subject Matter Expert to cover the details of the legislation, answer any questions that you may have, and you can take all the time you need at each station to get completely caught up on all your legal needs!
1. AB 1522 Paid Sick Leave
2. Arbitration agreements / class action waivers under Iskanian v. CLS Transportation
3. Cell phone reimbursement policies under Cochran v. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc.
4. Wage rules for commissioned employees under Peabody v. Time Warner
5. Abusive conduct prevention training AB 2053
6. McLean v. State of CA (final paychecks); Rhea v. General Atomics (PTO for partial days)
7. AB 1897 Labor Contractors, SB 477 Foreign Labor Contractors
8. NLRB developments and how it affects non-unionized workplaces in social media policies and other areas. NLRB v. Hoot Winc, LLC (Hansen); NLRB v. Richmond District Neighborhood Center; NLRB v. Starbucks or others (presenter’s choice)
9. AB 1443 FEHA amendment to include unpaid interns and volunteers; AB 1660 Undocumented Resident Driver’s License, AB 2751 Retaliation Penalty
10. Wage and Hour AB 2074 Liquidated damages – minimum wages; Ayala v. Antelope Valley Newspapers, Inc., Dynamex v. Superior Court (independent contractors, class actions); Patterson v. Domino’s Pizza, LLS (joint employer) or other class action matters of choice.
Jennifer Santa Maria
Dan Gardneswartz, SWSS Law
Noah Woods, Brown Law Group
Samantha Hardin, Shepard Mulin
Maria Stearns, Rutan Tucker
This months event is Sponsored by
Directions to Green Acres Campus Point.