Online registration for this event is closed. Registration is available at the door of the event starting at 6:45 a.m.
The Evolution of Total Talent Management
Karen Thrasher, Manager of People, Southwest Airlines, is coming to speak to us about the strategy and launch of the Total Talent Management model that she and her team implemented at SWA. This model saved them millions of dollars by nurturing Alumni, retirees, and former interns. They are seeing great success in filling contract and FTE positions all the way from corporate and very technical IT roles to the most basic admin/clerical positions and everything in between.
Karen is an Employment Manager at Southwest Airlines, leading both their contingent workforce program, and corporate talent acquisition teams. She has a passion for Leadership, hiring top talent for Southwest Airlines, and developing people.
Karen started at Southwest 17 years ago, working as a Customer Service Agent in the Kansas City Airport. She later moved to Dallas for a position in Flight Operations, and in 2006 she joined the People Department. The past decade she has been recruiting, leading, and building out their contingent workforce program, which is a hybrid model that combines recruiting and vendor management under one umbrella that sits in HR.
Karen is mother of two; a seven year old girl and 4 year old boy, and has been married to her husband Shane for 11 years.
- Defining what does TTM mean to your organization
- Understanding what’s core (Culture, cost, brand) to your business and how does it impact recruiting strategies
- How to implement a total talent strategy
- What’s the ROI
Key take-aways participants will know:
- How to understand and utilize the different talent streams within an organization
- How to give your recruiters the tools needed to be an advisor vs. an order taker
- Understanding the importance of building a talent pipeline to address an aging workforce.
This program will go towards the Business Track.
Thank you to our Sponsors: