Position Title: Human Resources Business Partner Reports To: Practice Administrator
Department: Human Resources Supervises: N/A
Revision Date: 10/10/2022 FLSA: Exempt
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will manage the day to day operations of the HR function and will administer company policies, procedures and programs. The general scope of responsibility will include recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits and compensation administration, timekeeping and payroll, HRIS oversight and compliance with employment law requirements. This individual will interface with candidates and employees to provide a positive experience, and will collaborate with leaders regarding employee-related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
● Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements as needed.
● Processes new hire paperwork and ensures compliance with USCIS form I-9 Employment Verification as needed.
● Facilitates online training materials for new hire orientation and other topics to the workforce as needed.
● Guides management to effectively manage performance, including completion of employee performance reviews, goal setting and coaching.
● Coaches department managers in understanding employee issues and concerns and underlying causes, promotes direct lines of communications between employees and management.
● Acts as an employee relations specialist by responding to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, etc. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
● Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
● Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
● Partners with senior leadership and external resources as needed/required.
● Coordinates employee benefits, leaves of absence, and worker’s compensation claims while facilitating the communication and administration of these programs with managers and employees.
● Communicates compensation and benefits program information to maximize employee awareness and understanding of offerings.
● Conducts compensation analysis and monitors all pay changes for internal equity.
● Administers timekeeping and payroll processing for accurate and timely payment of wages.
● Partners with senior leadership on special projects.
● Performs all other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer work station and access information from a computer. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the Human Resources office, and may be required to leave the
suite and maneuver throughout the facility. The employee must occasionally move up to 20 pounds.
Education / Work Experience
● Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related field.
● At least 5-7 years of Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● SHRM-CP and/or PHR and PHR-CA certifications desired.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resource Information Systems. Experience with Quickbooks Time/Gusto is a plus.
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with proven ability to collaborate, communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Ability to apply logical thinking to identify and explain problems, collect data and establish facts, and create a valid conclusion or resolution to problems.
● Ability to think big picture in order to assess and prevent possible negative outcomes. ● Experience creating resource material/toolkits and training staff on Human Resources policies and procedures.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Must be highly detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
As an employee of the Company, I agree to fully comply to the best of my ability with the responsibilities and expectations outlined in this job description, and that I possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
I have read this job description and understand the requirements of the position.
Printed Name: _____________________________________